|Picture taken before first hunger strike.|
Soja comes off this strike with the following concessions to his demands:
1. Soja was transferred out of the hole, back to general population.
2. All restrictions originating from petty and retaliatory write-ups have been removed.
3. Soja will be re-imbursed $25.
4. Soja will be allowed to spend $100 on hygiene products and will be allowed to order a clothing box. (Purchases that are normally restricted).
5. Soja's security level will be reduced back to 5A if there are no incidents for 30 days.
Soja wants his supporters to know that he appreciates all that they have done, and that it is important to continue the struggle against the prison system: "there are a whole lot of people who are ready to snap in this place. Prison authorities put guys in messed up situations, where it is nearly impossible to hold on to your self-respect and principles."
|Picture taken near end of first hunger strike.|