More Frequent Updates

We've been using this blog less and our facebook group more often, for random updates and events. So, if you wanna know what we're doing right now, go here.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Statement From Hunger Striking Prisoner Soja [UPDATE]


(thanks to ohioprisonwatch.org)


UPDATE: Just got word that Soja has ended his hunger strike.

I ended my hunger strike Nov 1, 2013, after a long discussion about my property and the harassment, I agreed to come off strike if my property was brought to me, which was given to me a short while later. However, my issues with the harassment wasn't taken too serious in my opinion. I was only told that he would keep his attention on the issue and be fair if something was to happen. At that point  his attention won't stop something happening to me if that's what is planned.




Statement by Cornelius Soja Harris, October 31st, 2013:

Because of the lack of fear in my heart and the victories I achieved at trial several months back, I am now a marked man, Every official at OSP from the correctional officer to the warden has violated their own policies when it comes to me. I have experienced some of the worst conditions a man can experience in prison; however, I have managed to control the extreme violence I am capable of inflicting on my tormentors, but everything has its limits, even patience.

I have been refusing food since the 12th of October, and it don’t look like there’s an end in sight. My demands are simple:

- I am asking the administration to put separations on me and the officers who were involved in the criminal cases I recently went to trial for, and

- To hand over my clothing items that were recently sent to me a few days ago. I was authorized to order these items by the former warden Bobby because my property was destroyed by officers several months ago. Deputy warden Remmick is trying to blackmail me with my clothing items, stating I will get my clothing items when I ride out of state.

- My final demand is that all of my informal complaints be fairly investigated and the officers who threatened and harassed me be punished, and all the fake conduct reports they wrote on me be tossed out.

I have tried to compromise with these people over and over, but compromise with such an enemy is impossible. They want me to surrender my pride, courage, individuality, self-respect and my self-determination, and that I can not do!

I am asking for the support of my comrades on the outside who care about the quality of justice.

I will continue to fight for myself regardless, but I know the power is in the people, and my people is who I want on my team.

Written by Cornelius Harris, October 31st, 2013

Address:

Cornelius Harris
# 525945
Ohio State Penitentiary
878 Coitsville-Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH 44505

Phone of warden Jay Forshey: (330) 743-0700, ext. 2000

Please call the prison and ask to speak to warden Forshey or his secretary, and please politely ask that he orders the humble things Cornelius Harris asks be done.

Please also write to Cornelius Harris #A525945 to let him know you support him. He can also be reached via Jpay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderator approval. This is a prisoner support blog. Do not try to post gossip, allegations, or anything that might be useful in any kind of criminal investigation.